While our Michter’s team distills according to tried and true Kentucky practices, it continually experiments as it pursues Michter’s goal of making the greatest American whiskeys. Following years of research on different barrel finishes for Rye whiskey, we are proud to offer this release of our Michter’s US1 Toasted Barrel Rye. To make it we take our US1 Kentucky Straight Rye at barrel strength and then age it for an additional period in a second custom barrel. This second barrel is assembled from 24 month air-dried wood and then toasted to our specifications. The result is a unique Rye whiskey that we take pride in offering to you. The strength of the majority of barrels selected for this whiskey’s first ever release taking place this September 2017 ranges in proof from 107 to 111.8 proof.
Michter’s Toasted Barrel Finish Rye Whiskey 2020 750ml
Earn 300 points upon purchasing this product.
Michter’s Toasted Barrel Finish Rye Whiskey 2020
- – Single barrel. Limited quantities.
- – Kentucky
- – Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey
- First Barrel: Fire-charred, new American white oak barrels
Second Barrel: Toasted barrel made from 24 month air-dried wood
- – 103 Proof
- Each barrel is bottled at its particular alcohol level at the time of bottling. The average strength of the barrels in the September 2017 release is 108.6 proof.
- Enhanced spice notes with delicate chocolate overtones balanced by some vanilla and honey, hints of roasted nuts and dates, with a lingering finish of burnt brown sugar reminiscent of crème brûlée complemented by some smokey campfire highlights
|Dimensions||4 × 4 × 13 in|